The Electric Tape Fencing Solution WITHOUT GROUNDING!
DIRECT AT FACTORY PRICING
The leading choice for horse fencing
Around the world now brings
The Bi-Polar Tape Fencing System to your door.
This electric fencing is as effective in snowy and icy
Winter as in rocky or desert soils
without a problematic ground rod!
The HorseGuard Bi-Polar system is the all season,
all climate and all year fencing solution.
How does it work?
Bi-Polar electric tape fencing is an effective
Mental, Physical and Visual barrier
that the horse respects.
The fence has to be powered by a
low impedance fence charger
powerful enough to give you
4000 volts minimum on the tape
in order to be respected by the horse.
The top green edge connected to the + of the charger is the positive line.
The bottom edge connected directly to the - of the charger is the negative line.
The zapping occurs when the horse creates the contact with both edges of the tape.
Because of the bi-polarity of the tape (+/-)
you don't need a ground rod even in a sandy, snowy or rocky ground,
your fence will work whatever the conditions.
The Bi-Polar fencing system is the all season,
all climate and all year fencing solution!
The Mental Barrier
On the Bi-Polar tape
the plus ( + ) charge and the minus (-) charge
are on the same tape.
When the horse touches the electric tape
he shocks himself for a fraction of a second.
The zapping effect from the electric impulses
is a harmless reminder...
The shock associated with the electrified tape creates
a mental barrier for the horse.
Thereafter, when the fence is electrified
the horse will remember the shock experience
and respect the barrier.
To maintain a respect for the fence
the horse must receive a shock whenever he attempts
to touch it, for that reason the fence charger must
be kept 'on' all the time and should carry
permanently between 4000 volts to 7000 volts.
The Physical Barrier
HorseGuard tape resists up to 650 POUNDS OF PRESSURE
"Tough fence for tough customers ! "
The Visual Barrier
Horses have blurred vision.
The horse can see in a radius of 350 degrees (man sees 180 degrees) but he has poor vision
and very limited sense of perspective. His two blind spots are immediately in front of the nose
and directly behind.
An electric fence that is difficult to see can be a hazard to the horse.
The horse's natural instinct is to flee from danger.
A horse might not see or might ignore a smaller obstacle in his flight path.
The 1.5-inch wide Bi-Polar HorseGuard electrified tape creates that visual barrier.
It is designed to represent the diameter of a large enough tree limb
the horse would both see and avoid running into.
This visible barrier reduces dangerous incidents of frightened horses running into a fence.
A horse that respects its fence does not touch it !
The mental and visual barrier lesson - shock experience is most effective
on the foal which remembers and respects the fence all of his life.
An electric fence should not be less than 1 ½ inches wide
on a minimum of 2 strands.
But if the horse does run into the fence, HorseGuard tape is designed
to yield or break without causing injury to the horse.
What is the secret to success of HorseGuard’s Electric Fence?
In Canada 3 years
In USA 17 years
In Europe 26 years
- HorseGuard Electric Fence tape was designed with your horse's safety in mind for horse owners by an experienced horse breeder.
- Backed by many years of extensive research and continual product improvements, for a safer, better quality fencing solution built to last.
- Horses of all breeds, genders, sizes and ages can be safely confined.
- Low costs due to no middleman .
- Prompt shipping /doorstep delivery from our warehouse in Boucherville, Quebec.
- Proven to be successful and durable even in extreme weather conditions around the world (- 40ºC in Scandinavia and + 75ºC in Middle East countries)
- Can be installed with existing fencing.
- Intended for use as permanent or temporary fencing.
- Excellent conduction : ( 10 wires in stainless steel of 0.40 mm of Ø diameter for the 4 cm widetape)
- 30 Polyethylene UV resistant yarns of 0.50 mm Ø diameter for the 4 cm wide tape + 2 stout bumpersbumper Ø diameter 0.80 mm at tape edges
making it a stiffer tape (not flimsy like bad copies) to increase effectiveness and protect against wear.
- The frame of HorseGuard tape is perforated to avoid faseillage (fatal to the tape in the short term)
- All plastic material is UV treated
- All metal parts of the fence are stainless steel to prevent rust bad conductor
- The HorseGuard tape resists up to 650 pounds of pressure
- The design of the insulators HorseGuard is designed to keep the tape without bruising
- Free quotes, installation tips, and standard setting customer service.
Since Horseguard has invented and manufactured the 3 way
electric fence concept we have encountered many counterfeiters
but none of them have achieved our quality standard.
Why? The reason for our success is our commitment
to invest in product innovations and High Quality materials
in making the HorseGuard fence.
We are dedicated
to give you peace of mind by creating solutions
to keep your horse safe with a High Quality lasting product.
(High Quality: HorseGuard tape lasts up to 15 years,
The big spool (1640 ft – 500 m) weighs 32 lbs
The small spool (320 ft – 100 m) weighs 5.7 lbs).
As the inventor of the electric tape fence in 1985 we set the standard for long lasting quality and all electrical tape fencing found around the world is a copy of HorseGuard fencing invention. The bi-polar tape (both electrical poles NEGATIVE & POSITIVE weaved on the same tape) which we sell in Canada came about in order to solve the problem of our Scandinavian partners with climate much like Canada.
We have frequently been told:
“you are the real McCoy”.
At 1985 Paris France Horse Show HorseGuard won 3 Awards :
BEST PRODUCT BEST TECHNICAL ACHIEVEMENT BEST ORIGINAL IDEA
Thank you for choosing us. We appreciate your pictures and testimonials
WHAT : TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT HORSEGUARD FENCING TAPE
HOW : HORSEGUARD INSTALLATION